Vadim Gladyshev, PhD, Prof.
Report: Molecular biology of selenium
Affiliation and position:
Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- Trace elements
- Redox biology
- Comparative genomics
Key publications for the last 5 years:
- Kim EB, Fang X, Fushan AA, Huang Z, Lobanov AV, Han L, Marino SM, Sun X, Turanov AA, Yang P, Yim SH, Zhao X, Kasaikina MV, Stoletzki N, Peng C, Polak P, Xiong Z, Kiezun A, Zhu Y, Chen Y, Kryukov GV, Zhang Q, Peshkin L, Yang L, Bronson RT, Buffenstein R, Wang B, Han C, Li Q, Chen L, Zhao W, Sunyaev SR, Park TJ, Zhang G, Wang J, Gladyshev VN. (2011) Genome sequencing reveals insights into physiology and longevity of the naked mole rat. Nature, 479, 223-227.
- Malinouski M, Hasan NM, Zhang Y, Seravalli J, Lin J, Avanesov A, Lutsenko S, Gladyshev VN. (2014) Genome-wide RNAi ionomics screen reveals new genes and regulation of human trace element metabolism. Nature Communications 5, 3301.
- Tarrago L, Péterfi Z, Lee BC, Michel T, Gladyshev VN. (2015) Monitoring methionine sulfoxide with stereospecific mechanism-based fluorescent sensors. Nature Chem. Biol. 11, 332-338.
- Ma S, Yim SH, Lee SG, Kim EB, Lee SR, Chang KT, Buffenstein R, Lewis KN, Park TJ, Miller RA, Clish CB, Gladyshev VN. (2015) Organization of the mammalian metabolome according to organ function, lineage specialization, and longevity. Cell Metabolism 22, 332-343.
- Ma S, Lee SG, Kim EB, Park TJ, Seluanov A, Gorbunova V, Buffenstein R, Seravalli J, Gladyshev VN. (2015) Organization of the Mammalian Ionome According to Organ Origin, Lineage Specialization, and Longevity. Cell Reports 13, 1319-1326.
Personal web-page (Institutional/ResearchGate/LinkedIn):