Jerry W. Spears, BS, MS, PhD, Prof.
Report: Trace minerals in ruminants
Affiliation and position:
Professor Emeritus of Animal Science and Nutrition; North Carolina State University; Raleigh, North Carolina; USA
- Trace minerals
Key publications for the last 5 years:
- Chromium propionate enhances insulin sensitivity in growing cattle. J. Dairy Sci 95:2037-2045.
- Effect of dietary copper and breed on gene products involved in copper acquisition, distribution, and use in Angus and Simmental cows and fetuses. J. Anim. Sci. 91:861-871.
- Effect of dietary copper amount and source on copper metabolism and oxidative stress of weaning pigs in short-term feeding. J. Anim. Sci. 93:2948-2955.
- Journal (Publisher) Biological Trace Element Research
- Journal of Animal Science
- Journal of Dairy Science
- Animal Feed Science and Technology
- Journal of Nutrition
- American Society of Animal Science
- American Dairy Science Association